The basis on which I keep client data is that of “Legitimate Interests”. This means that the data is necessary for me to fulfil the contract that we have together (i.e. to provide therapy) and that it is data that you would reasonably expect me to hold and use.
For those who enquire about therapy, the data I hold includes any information you have sent me by email/text/message.
For those who book and attend at least one session, the data I hold includes:
· Basic information such as name, email address, phone number
· Information that you give me as part of the work we do together
· Audio recordings of each session
· Records of what interventions that I use (or potentially do not use) in our sessions
· Emails, texts and/or messages that are sent between us
· Information sent from any third party, eg GP, insurance company, EAP
Some of the information that you give me may fall under the definition of special category of data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data is not shared with anyone, except possibly your GP, and for any reasons covered by the Requirements for Disclosure which will be detailed and discussed when we first meet.